As a small business owner, posting something you find REALLY exciting on Facebook without receiving even ONE "like" feels like being stabbed through the heart. Am I right? Of course I am! So why is no one "liking" your posts? Don't get too freaked out! Your followers don't hate you... they just can't see you!
With 55 million status updates being made on Facebook a day, the "papa daddy" of social media has a reason to be concerned. Remember MySpace? Everyone who was anyone had a profile on that platform, but it suddenly fell out of favor. A lot of this had to do with the fact that MySpace users were getting bored. Facebook has attempted to avoid this by going above and beyond by developing fun ways to keep its following engaged and coming back for more! One of the ways they do this is by making sure business pages, like yourself, are posting fun, exciting and interesting content that makes everyone go "CLICK!" If you don't, your post will not make it to the newsfeed of your followers and your organic reach will plummet.
Ain't nobody got time for that!
So, what can we do? Well, if you're not interested in spending money to boost your posts to ensure they are seen regardless of the content... there are a few things you can do.
- Follow the 80/20 rule. When planning your social media content for the week, really focus on the type of posts you're sending out there. Try to make sure that no more than 20% of your posting is sales or marketing related. The other 80% should be all about personal interests, exciting news and engaging topics that your followers want to read about.
- Dig into those Facebook Insights. Determine what days and times your page is most active. If most of your followers tend to be checking in on Thursday evenings at 9pm, post your awesome content then!
- Get personal and talk to your followers. They want to know that you are a human being and not some robot hiding behind the curtain. Ignoring questions about inventory or services will lead to your followers hiding your page, and Facebook will definitely take that negative feedback into account.
Facebook is constantly evolving, but don't get discouraged! You can visit The Edge as often as you'd like to stay up to date on any changes that may come our way! Our team of online marketing professionals specialize in developing meaningful content that will take your Facebook page to The Edge! To check out our Social Media Marketing Packages, CLICK HERE.